School Programs To Enhance Learning...
At Glendale we provide a number of program offerings to support and enhance learning.
- Art Gallery- We take pride in our Art and Fine Arts programming at Glendale. We showcase our involvement in the arts through the front display, Learning Commons gallery shows and in performances like our Christmas and Spring concerts.
- Breakfast Club- A free, drop-in breakfast service for kids who need that "little extra" bit of nourishment before they start their day of learning at Glendale. Breakfast Club opens at 7:40AM each day, and ends at the 8:10AM bell.
- Empathy Reboot- An effort to teach and practice empathy at school and away from school through conscious inclusion of dialog around empathy in our daily practice. http://www.empathyreboot.ca/
- F&ST- Families and Schools Together Canada is a national partnership initiative in collaboration with member agencies. This innovative two-year prevention and parent involvement model works with children between birth and twelve years old to improve health, social, and academic outcomes. The model offers families support to help their children to do well at school, at home, and in the community.
- Glendale Athletics- Offering a wide range of athletic opportunities to Glendale students ranging from archery to ski/snowboard club, volleyball, basketball, badminton, cross-country running and more.
- Glendale Inquiry- As a sciences and technology focus school, Glendale students and teachers leverage the inquiry process to enhance teaching and learning by taking an inquiry perspective within the learning process. http://www.glendaleinquiry.ca/
- HOPE- At Glendale, the acronym of H.O.P.E. stands for "health, opportunity, priviledge and education." We support our FNMI students and families through a medicine wheel framework we call the "HOPE Wheel," and they in turn support each other and our non-aboriginal students staff and families by sharing their rich teachings, traditions, history, values and spirit.
- Learning Commons- Our Learning Commons programming offers Glendale stuents, teachers and families a universal and intercultural learning space to explore through the world of literacy.
- Resiliency at Home and School- We offer family and school support though our Community Liasison worker, Mrs Nicole Goodwin. Nicole can be reached through the school office, and is available to help kids and their families stay connected to school and community supports that enhance learning.
- Kids In Action- A free after school program designed to get kids active after school. The program teaches physical literacy and social skills.
- INSPIRE Leadership- A student leadership program that organizes our UNESCO student government, as well as supporting student leadership throughout each grade. The INSPIRE kids operate our Smoothie Bar and Story Cafe, and offer entrepreneurial outlets for kids with big ideas.
- LLI- Leveled Literacy Intervention is a small-group, supplementary intervention system designed for children who find reading and writing difficult. LLI is designed to bring children quickly up to grade-level competency—in 14 to 18 weeks on average.
- One to One Learning Devices- Glendale offers a one to one Chromebook learning environment for grades 4-8, and we strive to ensure that kids in grades 1-3 have "anywhere, anytime" access to the Worldwide Web through laptop devices.
- Digital Citizenship- Click this link for general information on digital citizenship