School Programs To Enhance Learning...
At Glendale we provide a number of programs to support and enhance student learning.
- Art Gallery - We take pride in our Fine Arts programming at Glendale. In addition to offering multiple Middle School options in this domain, we also showcase our involvement in the arts through student and community-created "Gallery Walks" in our Learning Commons and performances like our Christmas and Spring concerts.
- Breakfast Club - A free, drop-in breakfast service for kids who need that "little extra" bit of nourishment before they start their day of learning at Glendale. Breakfast Club opens at 7:40AM each day, and ends at the 8:05AM bell. This program is currently on-hold due to COVID-19.
- Glendale Athletics - We offer a wide range of athletic opportunities, including archery, ski/snowboard club, volleyball, basketball, badminton, cross-country running, cross-country skiing and more.
- Kids In Action - A free after school program designed to get kids active after school. The program teaches physical literacy and social skills. Program location is off campus due to COVID-19.
- Learning Commons - Our Learning Commons programming offers Glendale students, teachers and families a universal and intercultural learning space to explore through the world of literacy.
- LLI - Leveled Literacy Intervention is a small-group, supplementary intervention system designed for children who find reading and writing difficult. LLI is designed to bring children quickly up to grade-level competency—in 14 to 18 weeks on average.
- Positive Behaviour Intervention and Supports (ARMOUR) - Our school community of students, staff and parents helped create our unique "character education" program that is central to our school's celebrations of success and revolves around our Gladiators' ARMOUR;
- Resiliency at Home and School- We offer family and school support though our Community Liaison worker, Mrs. Cristy Franco. Cristy can be reached through the school office, and is available to help kids and their families stay connected to school and community supports that enhance learning.
- Sciences and Technology School - Our school prides itself in our "Sciences and Technology" designation and supports this focus by:
- Allocating funds to supply/create high quality hands-on activities and experiments in each class.
- Supporting 1:1 chromebooks for all of our classrooms; ie. each student has their own device.
- Running an afterschool MakerSpace club so students can learn and create with the latest technologies (e.g. 3D printers, robotics for coding, virtual reality, etc.)
- Celebrating our passion for the Sciences during two school-wide events; the Science Olympics and Science Fair.
- Supporting eco-friendly initiatives, such as indoor planters, rain barrels and solar panels.